6 Elements of Health – FOOD – Recipes from the event.
Our 6 Elements of Health – FOOD workshop was a great experience and we loved your company!
If you weren’t able to make it or if you did come along and loved the yummy healthy treats we all enjoyed after our minds were nourished with awesome education here are the recipes (huge thanks to Dr Lyndall & Kylie for making them for us all to enjoy!):
- 2.5 cups assorted nuts and seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- some more cinnamon
Roughly chop 1 cup of the nuts and seeds. Place in a bowl.
Use your food processor to pulse the other 1.5 cups of nuts and seeds into a finer “chop.” Add to the bowl.
Add your fruit.
Stir in the dried coconut.
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine oil, honey, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Cook until the mixture bubbles, then pour over the fruit/nut mixture.
Stir to combine completely.
Press your mixture into a parchment-lined pan of some sort. Press HARD.
Cool 2-3 hours, then remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- 1 medium sweet potato – 2-3 cups when grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoon coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 185 °C (365 °F), make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
- Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut oil oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Finally add coconut flour. Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with greased baking paper. I used a 9″/23cm square tin.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake form the tin. Cut them into squares and dust with a little cacao powder or melt some dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water or in a microwave and drizzle it over the top. Serve with raspberries or strawberries and maybe some fresh cream or coconut yoghurt to be extra decadent.
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas, Mashed (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts or Pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by greasing with coconut oil or spraying generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine Coconut Flour, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs well. Add in mashed Bananas, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, and Vanilla Extract, and whisk very well to combine. There may be a few small clumps of coconut oil that do not dissolve completely, and this is ok.
- Pour dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and stir with a large spoon until no dry flour can be seen. Fold in chopped nuts, if desired.
- Spoon batter into 10 prepared muffin cups. Fill remaining 2 cups about ⅓ full with water to prevent the pan from warping.
- Bake for about 17-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, before carefully removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store muffins in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer (in a ziploc freezer bag) for up to 4 months.
- Makes 10 muffins.
Get your bake on!
See you at the next event on June 13th 2017 at 6.30pm at Elements Chiropractic, 4/39-41 Nerang Street, Nerang:
Jump on our Facebook event to RSVP
Take care and happy healthy eating.
The Elements Team.